We at Beaumont Villa like to express how important it is to look after you.
The Peverell branch of the University Medical Centre offers a sexual health clinic for students on a Tuesday afternoon between 2.20pm and 5pm and Wednesday mornings for Beaumont Villa patients. Call 01752 222341 opt 1 opt 1 to book an appointment if you feel you may want a check-up.
If you are not a student, we offer basic sexual health checks at Beaumont Villa with a Practice Nurse. We would advise you to go to the GUM clinic for a full check-up, if you would like one. See Below.
Things we can do for you
- Emergency contraception (you can also get this free from a pharmacist if you are between the ages of 13-24)
- Testing for STIs such as Chlamydia, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea and Genital Warts/Herpes
- Give free Condoms
Chlamydia screening is available from the surgery.
Simply ask at reception for a kit. It is a completely confidential service where you can send a urine sample in the envelope provided and receive the results easily.
For more information visit NHS Choices
We have a relationship with the friendly team at The Eddystone Trust. They kindly give us free condom supplies for 17-24 year olds, when you sign up to the C-Card scheme. Click on the link to take you to the Eddystone website where you can find out more information or pop into the UMC or Beaumont Villa main surgery to sign up.
We also give out male and female Chlamydia packs for people that would like to have a check but don’t want to have an appointment. Just ask for one at reception.
Derriford Hospital also run clinics at the GUM clinic. They are known as Your Ship. They run a walk-in clinic at Derriford Hospital.
- Monday to Friday – 8.30am to 10.30am
You can pre-book an appointment
- Monday and Friday 10am to 4.30pm
- Tuesday and Thursday 10am to 6.30pm
- Wednesday 10am to 7.30pm
- Saturday 20am to 11.00am
The Cumberland Clinic, Kingsbridge Clinics and The Zone also hold clinics.
- Cumberland – Tuesdays between 1.30pm and 4.30pm
- Kingsbridge – Tuesdays between 9.30am and 11.30am
Please call your ship on 01752 431124 to book for Derriford, Cumberland or Kingsbridge.
The Zone – Fridays between 10.00am to 4.00pm
Please call 01752 206626.
- Family Planning Association: Sexual Health Advice
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Sexual Health Topics – NHS Choices
Videos from NHS Choices
You can’t tell if someone’s got an STI just by looking at them. See real people talk about using condoms. Find out more about STIs.